Krav Maga is a practical and tactical self-defense system which teaches how to prevent, deal and overcome all kinds of violence and attacks.
Prepares the trainees in the fields of self-defense, self protection, skills of fighting and combat, as well as skills to defend others, all in unique and comprehensive teachings and way.
The techniques of Krav Maga differ from those of other martial arts because first and above all is by far much more practical and applicable to real conditions. This logic and the general approach of Krav Maga come from the unique teaching methodology and educational systems, which allow the practitioner to use his natural instincts of self-defense.
It is a self-defense system, with no rules, where the trainee is taught along with defense to hit vulnerable points (e.g. nose, genitals) to defend himself, minimizing as much as possible the time between defense and counter-attack.
All Krav Maga techniques are performed according to the principles of:
– Prevention, avoidance, escape and evasion.
– Throwing to all directions and angles. Attacks and counter-attacks performed from all positions and stances, with all rates and to all targets, distances, lengths, heights, angles and directions.
– Use of all common objects for defense reasons.
– Defending all unarmed attacks: punches, kicks and all sorts of knocks. Escaping from all kinds of handles and locks.
– Defending all armed attacks and threats of knife and sharp objects, sticks and other sharp objects and all firearms.
– Handling and treatment of the above attacks coming from all possible directions and places. When executed by one or multiple attackers. When occur in all possible places, positions and stances. Including restricted or open spaces, in an ally, staircase or a car. In all types of soil, water, when there is limited space or freedom of movement. While the defenders are still or moving, sitting or standing, lying back, side or stomach.
– Physical and mental control
– Prepare learners to work in all circumstances and scenarios, in all kinds environments battle and match according to their needs, the risks they face and the requirements of their work. Krav Maga offers skills and brings technical, tactical, physical and mental development, and ability to adapt to any situation.
Krav Maga is continually refined and developed in light of actual modern combat and Self-Defense experience, following the needs of modern society. Using Krav Maga principles, practitioner is taught how to avoid and eliminate danger as fast as possible.
Awareness is exercised continuesly, using the mind and natural reaction, practitioner’s improvisation adjusts basic moves in various combinations to fend off violent attacks. As result the body learns how to perform self defense techniques fast.
Improvisation allows for limitations in physical abilities, so each technique can be executed according to one’s abilities. As result, practitioner develops a sense of self – Confidence, knowing that he can cope with dangers, based on his abilities.
Since Fitness is closely interwoven into the system, training includes cardiovascular and strength building exercises, as well as stretching to increase flexibility. Even one that has never workout in the past, using functional training of Krav Maga, significantly improves his speed, endurance, strength, accuracy and coordination.